ASB is looking for Chaperones! Our Chaperones are volunteers with the students, but also play a supporting role to coordinators and handle the trip’s budget. Chaperones must be Boston University faculty/staff or graduate students who are not union members.
The Chaperone Application is updated with all current openings! Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Chaperone responsibilities include:
• Attending chaperone meet and greet one evening in February. We also encourage chaperones to attend the ASB pre-break and post-break celebrations to meet and bond with their trips.
• Handling the transfer of money for all group expenses. Money will be provided to the Chaperone prior to the trip’s departure in the form of a travel advance. Chaperones on flying trips will be responsible for picking up and driving one of the rental vehicles in the destination city.
• Chaperones are charged with promoting the “Zero Tolerance/Substance Free” nature of the trip and the standards of Boston University.
• While the Coordinators are the primary leaders on the trip, the Chaperone serves as a supporting role, assisting the Coordinators as needed. The Chaperone should help foster group dynamics, observe ASB and BU rules, and handle emergency situations.
• Please note: you cannot be a Union employee and Chaperone an ASB trip!